A boot knife (is also called a gambler’s dagger) is an incredible tool for those who are police officers, soldiers, hunters, etc. It also is a self – defense tool for hunting, camping, and other situations. When you search on the Internet, you may have several boot knives with different manufacturers and prices. Nonetheless, it is extremely crucial to realize what things create a great knife. Furthermore, you need to assure that your money is accurately invested in the best boot knives. In this article, we will break down some points and show you lots of great boot knives.
Top best boot knives 2018
1.Smith & Wessson H.R.T SWHRT9B Full Tang Spear Point Fixed Blade Knife PPE
- Overall length: 9.00 inch (22.9 cm)
- Handle length: 4.25 inch (10.8 cm)
- Overall weight: 0.5 pounds
- The stainless steel type: black 7Cr17 High Carbon
- Color: Black
This is one of the best boot knives because of vigorous construction and razor – sharp features. The blade is the double edged spear with the stainless steel. Smith & Wessson can cut and chop your points freely on a couple of seconds.
The grip of the handle is made from rubberized sandpaper to make it strongly and avoid slippery conditions when taking on your hands. The knife is really sturdy, concealed and affordable for most of the hunters.
- Smith & Wessson is durable, small and lightweight to bring and hide in your hunting boots.
- The tool is also small enough to handle (with 9 inches and 0.5 pounds).
- The knife has the fixed blade to use and take care of when handling in the couple of minutes.
- The product is covered by the black leather to prevent the careless accidents while carrying. You can open and close the knife easily.
- The grip is fixed from the lanyard hole and the black rubber wrapped.
- Although this tool is the durable boot knife, it is not enduring for all of the purpose.
- The black blade could be remove itself after longer using.
- Some consumers complain that the tip is broken about 3 feet when using.
2. MTech USA Xtreme MX – 8059 Series Fixed Blade Tactical Knife
A fast review of the MTech USA Xtreme:
- Overall length: 9 inches
- The material of the blade: 440 stainless steel
- Color: blue, tan and green
The MTech USA Xtreme is a modern and energetic knife with one fixed blade. This is one of the best boot knives with high operating in the outdoor activities. The blade is produced from the stainless steel.
The handle is produced from G10 material to make the grip smoothly when taking on your hands. It also uses in the oily and wet conditions without much hassle. Furthermore, the overall size is fit on your hunting boots. This tool is rated one of the best boot knives in the current market.
- The blade is inbuilt from 440 stainless steel so it is difficult to break down.
- Because of the high – quality construction, the tactical knife is durable and comfortable.
- MTech USA Xtreme is a lightweight knife.
- When taking the handle on your hands, you are enduring to hold it because it is made from G10 material.
- The price is also affordable.
- Some patrons complain that the knife do not have full tang (the mold places everywhere) in the box when ordering.
- The quality of the sheath is not great as described.
- The real size seems to be bigger.
3. Cold Steel 17T Kobun Tanto Fixed
A quick glance of the Cold Steel 17T Kobun Tanto:
- Overall weight: 4.2 ounces
- Overall dimension: 9 x 3 x 1 inches
- Blade thickness: 1/8 inches
- Handle: 4.3/8 inches with Long Kray-Ex
- Blade grind: flat
- The type of the steel: Japanese AUS 8A Stainless
Cold Steel 17T Kobun Tanto is named after the word of Japanese language “Kobun” (Kobun means “solider”). It is inbuilt from Japanese stainless steel and the blade is really sharp. This knife is a worthy, perfect and reliable tool for most of the hunters. Even if you are not a hunter, you can buy it as a self – dense tool instead of using the handguns.
The handle is produced from non – slip Kraton with a diversified form to hold on your hands easily and comfortably. The blade is made from cold steel material to increase the sharpness and sturdiness than other types of steel in the market. You could not break the blade easily.
- Because the handle is designed from the slim shape so you can take them on your boots and your hip as well.
- The blade is not easy to break down due to the high – quality steel.
- The price is affordable.
- This best boot knives also are lightweight and durable for a while.
- The sheath is not great to meet the expectation of the users.
- The sheath of the handle might be weak after longer using.
- Cold Steel 17T Kobun Tanto tightly fit in the casing so it is difficult to take it out of the sheath.
4. Columbia River Knife and Tool 2020 AG Russell Sting Razor Sharp Edge Knife
A fast review of the Columbia River Knife and Tool 2020 AG Russell Sting
- Overall length: 6.85 inches
- Overall weight: 9.6 ounces
- The overall material: 1050 tool steel
- Color: Black
Columbia River Knife is another best boot knives with high – quality construction. The blade is inbuilt from the carbon steel to improve the sharpness and sturdiness. However, the knife is still lightweight in the sheath with the Velcro straps.
The tool does not only use in the hunting seasons, it also take in the army purpose because it is enduring for a while and highly strong.
- The knife is super strong and sharp.
- It is lightweight with a compact size.
- The sheath is solid.
- It is available in the price tag.
- Columbia River Knife has something wrong with the straps.
- The manufacturer needs to add one rubber grip in the handle.
- Some users said that the handle was too heavy to hold in their hands tightly.
5. Ka – Bar BK11 Becker Necker Neck Knife
A quick glance of the Ka – Bar BK11 Becker Necker Neck Knife:
- Overall weight: 8.5 ounces
- Overall dimension: 10 x 3 x 1.5 inches
- Material: 1095 Cro – Van steel
- Color: Black
For those who are looking for a boot knife that could be attached to your boots, business dresses or belts, you should not miss out this knife. It is inbuilt from 1095 Cro – Van steel and the sheath is fixed on glass – filled nylon material. Therefore, this is an amazing tool for concealing on your pockets or something like that.
Furthermore, Ka – Bar BK11 is a lightweight tool to carry on your camping sites due to wire breaker and bottle opener. It also is enduring after longer using. With these features, this is one of the best boot knives for multipurpose using.
- The knife is lightweight but it is still strong and sharp.
- It is affordable for most of the users.
- The blade is really solid.
- The tool is also great for camping, hunting, etc. It is a perfect multipurpose tool.
- The sheath is bulky and it is not completely comfortable.
- The trademark (BK11 made from USA) is not really stamped in the blade. Therefore, buyers need to check this point before making a purchase.
- Some customers said that the knife is not totally sturdy and sharp.
How to choose the best boot knife
Some factors of considering the best boot knives.
- The blades in the boot knife: the blade of one knife is various models but most of the blades is produced with double edged and the spear point or single edged with the clip point. The former blades are suited on stabbing purpose and the latter are used for slashing situation. On the flip side, you need to pick the boot knife that is fitting on your boots or your pockets.
- The handles of one boot knife: when taking the handles in the boot knives, you are much more comfortable. They also hold your hands tightly. With these main points, you know that you are taking a great boot knife. The best way to check the handles is possible to test it out first hand.
- The quality of the steel: the quality of the steel will involve in the sharpness of the blades. The stainless steel of the blades are made sturdy and tough enough to adapt the shock force. The high carbon steel also will make the knife strongly.
- The tang constructions: another point you should consider of the knife is the handle in that knife. Therefore, the tang construction is a great chain to connect the handle and the blade in one boot knife. You should draw attention to the material of the tang.
- The sheaths and the straps: because you might hide your knives in your boots or somewhere when hunting or camping, it is important to have high – quality materials of the sheath. The sheath will protect you from the sharpness of the blade. Some boot knives also have the straps in order to tight the blade tightly but you still take it easily to save your time.
The benefits of owning a boot knife.
Boot knives are excellent choices to own and handle. In the city, they offer suitable protection from probable attackers. For those who always come home late at night, you should not miss out these boot knives on your ankles. For women, it becomes incredible self – defense tool to have one. Do not be subjective!
Boot knives are also more separate than getting a handgun for conservation. They are less risky to own in your houses. With a boot knife, you do not have handgun accidents for your family and you. Having boot knives are safer options than other handguns, especially in the situation you have children at home.
For those who are police officers or someone like that, boot knives could be alternative protection in the urgent situation. Imagine that you miss your guns at your home, boot knives could be suited in some dangerous situations.
In addition, boot knives are vital for those who are hunters. You have already gotten many tools and equipment in your packs, but you need to cut and chop the meat hunt after hunting them in the wild environment. You will save your time to turn your tents back to find sharp objects to get out bone and skin of the animals.
In a nutshell, the boot knives should be enduring, enjoyable and strong enough to adapt to every condition. Boot knives do not only use in the hunting seasons, they also use in other time like self – defense tool, camping, etc. It is difficult to loop up the best boot knives but you will realize some factors to choose a boot knife thanks to our remarkable guide. You can consider Smith & Wessson H.R.T SWHRT9B Full Tang Spear Point for your upcoming using because it has been tried by some hunters and experts despite lower in the price tag.