As experienced hunters, you will know the importance of gearing up the list of the tactical folding knives for keeping in your survival pockets. When you need to pack a tight knife, you may think a folding knife is the only choice. How about a fixed blade? Have you ever thought it before?
In the first time you see one fixed blade, they might not seem like the best tool for our EDC; however, you should think of it again. Fixed blades have more strong points than their counterparts which could be the best EDC fixed blades. In this article, you will discover their good performance and choose an appropriate tool as below.
- 1 Best fixed blade EDC knife 2018
- 1.1 1. ESEE 6P - B Plain Edge Fixed Blade Survival Knife With Grey Micarta Handle
- 1.2 2. Ka – Bar BK – 22 Becker Companion Fixed Blade Knife With HD Polyester Front Pocket Sheath (5.25 – inch)
- 1.3 3. Gerber LMFII Survival Knife (black model)
- 1.4 4. Columbia River Knife And Tool’s Folts Minimalist Bowie 2387 Razor Edge
- 1.5 5. SOG Snarl Fixed Blade JB01K – CP – Satin Polished 2.3” Blade
- 2 General benefits of using a fixed blade
- 3 How to choose the best fixed blade knife for edc
- 4 Conclusion:
Best fixed blade EDC knife 2018
1. ESEE 6P - B Plain Edge Fixed Blade Survival Knife With Grey Micarta Handle
A quick glance of their features you may come across when watching ESEE 6P - B Plain Edge Fixed Blade:
- Overall length: 11.75 inches
- Blade length: 6.50 inches
- Blade material: 1095 steel
- Handle material: Grey Micarta scale
- Sheath: Black molded
- Product weight: just one pound
- Item model number: 6P - B
ESEE 6P - B Plain Edge Fixed Blade is a lightweight knife and it has a full tang construction that made from 1095 high carbon steel and one black powder coated flat ground 6.50 blade. To boost the grip on the thumb position, this tool has the blade that attaches on the spine.
Moreover, users will comfort with the handle of the tool while taking on their hands with the material of the handle is Grey Micarta and one lanyard hole in the rounded pommel. Thanks to the Grey Micarta handle, this is a shockproof tool for hunters and it can avoid a big bomb.
Some hunters indicate that the handle is more powerful on the outer casing. You freely change the handle when you need to use the blade at the end of a spear while fishing. The tool also has removable clip and the black molded polymer in carrying sheath.
The molded sheath is made from high – quality material. It also has a suitable dimension with an available form for your hunting process. Hence, it is figured out that one of the best EDC fixed blades.
2. Ka – Bar BK – 22 Becker Companion Fixed Blade Knife With HD Polyester Front Pocket Sheath (5.25 – inch)
A general overview of the specifications while considering the Ka – Bar BK – 22 Becker Companion Fixed Blade:
- Kinds of instruction: full tang
- Kinds of steel: cro – van steel
- Handle material: zytel handle
- Dimensions of this product: 10.5 x 2 x 1 inches
- Overall weight: 3.2 ounces
- Item number model: 4000138
Ka – Bar BK – 22 Becker Companion is a rugged knife. Furthermore, the blade is made out of the 400 series group of stainless steel so that it is very tough to break. You do not panic to repair the blade when using in the forest or other some places like that.
Moreover, the blade and the handle are impossible to destroy. Obviously, Ka – Bar BK – 22 Becker Companion is a single blade. On the one hand, the thickness of the blade is also sturdy enough to cut a big fish as a piece of a cake. With the greatest features, this knife is estimated one of the best EDC fixed blades in the market.
3. Gerber LMFII Survival Knife (black model)
A quick look at their features you may come across when watching of Gerber LMFII Survival Knife:
- Overall weight: 2.2 pounds
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 4.7 x 2.8 inches
- Product model number: 22-01629
- Kinds of instruction: full tang
- The material of the blade: 10 - inch blade of the stainless steel
- The material of the handle: the glass reinforced nylon
- The material of the casing: inbuilt the sharpener sheath
Gerber LMFII Survival Knife was built by a former military man - Jeff Freeman to survive in the worst conditions. Unlikely other knives, this knife has been used by the military in the tough conditions. It can stand up in the harsh environment.
Furthermore, it can destroy the fuselage on one plane and it could crack down the windshield on a chopper. It absolutely works well as a survival knife. With the black colored, hunters are able to do their mission at night in the woods without any attention from wild friends.
With this point, you know that it is a sturdy tool for every hunter. You can hang on the handle in the highest point because of its material. In addition, the blade is also strong with the 10 – inch blade of the stainless steel. This is one of the most excellent steel for a fixed blade.
This tool is a versatile use in your life. You can use it to chop firewood, slice a seat belt or build a shelter. It could be adapt in every situation for the hunters so that you do not have to worry about it when taking the right option. Therefore, it is rated 4.7 stars on the top best EDC fixed blade in the current market.
4. Columbia River Knife And Tool’s Folts Minimalist Bowie 2387 Razor Edge
Some general specifications to draw attention while considering Columbia River Knife And Tool’s Folts Minimalist Bowie:
- Dimensions: 9 x 6.5 x 3 inches
- Overall weight: 1.6 ounces
- The material of the blade: 5Cr15Mov stainless steel
- The material of the handle: the green black Micarta scales and braided fob
- The material of the casing: Zytel sheath
- Model colors: black and gray
- Product model number: 2387
Columbia River Knife is made by Alan Folts – a North Carolina knife – maker. He creates a lot of helpful and striking neck knives. This tool is one of the greatest design of working art on hand – crafted knife. When having this fixed blade, hunters control it without hassle. However, the grip not comfortable for those who have larger hands.
The handle is produced from Grey Micarta material to have a deep chop so that you can take an unbeatable grip to locate the right place in the hunting process. Even though you are not good at estimating the right place to cut down.
On the flip side, the material of the blade is made from stainless 5Cr15Mov steel to have the razor sharp cutting. It also has a dangerous and a bowie form that is different from other survival knives. With above unique features, this is also the best EDC fixed blade for hunters to consider the tool in this season.
5. SOG Snarl Fixed Blade JB01K – CP – Satin Polished 2.3” Blade
Quickly review the specifications before making a purchase:
- Overall weight: 0.3 ounces
- Dimensions: 4.3 x 2 x 0.2 inches
- Overall length: 4.3 inches
- The length of blade: 2.3 inches
- The thickness of the blade: .25 inches
- The hardness of RC: 58-60
- Product model number: JB01K-CP
SOG Snarl Fixed Blade is created by Jason Brous - a 10 - year CNC machinist and custom knife maker to help hunters take various grip selections. It also relies on how they want to use this tool as a versatile one for keeping and storing. It is available fixed blade for using daily.
The shape of the blade is a sheep – foot with a handle to support you to open the boxes or whittle sticks. On the one hand, it could be a self – defense tool for us. With the 9CR18MoV steel, it is rough, sturdy and tight for you in the hunting season. SOG Snarl Fixed Blade is rated from 58 to 60 on the Rockwell Automation scale and it also estimated one of the best EDC fixed blades in the current market.
General benefits of using a fixed blade
Instead of holding on handles, a fixed blade could be brought in the sheath. The fixed bladed also has their own benefits like their counterparts:
- They are durable and reliable: they hardly are broken on their moving parts while using.
- They are legally used: in some states or areas, you must obey the knives using regulations. It means that you do not allow to use folding knives. Fortunately, fixed blades are the legal kind of options.
- The great alternative selections: with fixed blade, you can put it into your boots, your legs, your clothes, your neck, your belt, etc. Moreover, you can attach it to your bag or the pocket (it depends on your situation).
- They have various dimensions and shape: if you need a small fixed blade, you will find it. And if you want a big monster, you still find an available tool. Do not be surprised about the variety of the dimensions.
- They could not be broken down: a fixed blade do not have any moving parts on it. Therefore, you can use it in every conditions.
- They could be a real survival tool: they do not only chop the piece of woods or something like that, they also open the boxes or whittle sticks. When you meet a snake, you can take a fixed blade to have a deep chop to the snake. It becomes a real defense tool for us.
- They are an easy tool: you do not need to be an expert for using the fixed blade because it is really easy for us. Furthermore, you do not have to concern about the hinge of this tool. It also easy and simple to clean it for a while.
How to choose the best fixed blade knife for edc
The kinds of steel
Imagine that you have to find a jacket in the winter that really protects the whole of your body. If you ignore this vital point, you might be cold and get sick. Similarly, you should choose a fixed blade that makes out of 400 series steel no matter how they are beautiful. Because the 400 series group of stainless steel are lightweight steels and you are able to cut them as easy as pie. While using, they could not support the edge and they could be broken down.
The edge of blades
Although double edged blades are the nice model, they could not help you in the hunting seasons as handling them. Whereas, a single blade has a belly on it and you can use it as a hunting tool. You should ignore the double edged blades during your searching.
Full of tang structures
For those who need to move, lift and cut; so you should consider the full of tang constructions. Having full tang series, the blades are powerful hunting tools.
The ease of comfort
When looking for a fixed blade, hunters also think of the ease of comfort. Because they can handle it to help them focus on other tasks or cutting down the time to use.
Replace the misunderstandings
If you have ever thought that a fixed blade was not suitable for your EDC, you are not the only one to indicate this point of view. Normally, some people think that a fixed blade is heavy and large that getting more space than one foldable knife.
In spite of large and heavy model, you can still hide it in your luggage or a pocket. It is still well – achieved and performed no matter how the size it has. There is one point you should draw attention while using a fixed blade.
The structure of the blade could be broken during your using. Furthermore, this bad situation is able to happen when you are staying in the forests. In this situation, you need to put it into your bags in order to repair it.
To conclude, it is not difficult to find the best fixed blades for your EDC. At this moment, are you going to make a purchase of a fixed blade in your survival tool list? Holding on! You still need to think of your wants, your needs, and your budget. It means that you should make a detailed plan before buying a survival knife in your pack. Finally, you can come across to find the best EDC fixed blades in the upcoming hunting time.